ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Electric shock from USB cable

<< < (6/8) > >>

40hz:
Fluke does indeed charge through the nose for their products. But I am still of the opinion that you do get what you pay for. These things can take a serious beating before they give up and last forever when used normally.
-Shades (January 12, 2013, 03:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

When it comes to electronic test and maintenance equipment I agree 100%,  :Thmbsup: Fluke, Tektronix :-*, Xcelite, Jensen, BlackBox, etc. charge what they do because those who work with this stuff for a living know that, if properly cared for, most things purchased from these sources will last them throughout their career - and still be serviceable enough to give to their grandchildren once they retire.

I don't know if you always get what you pay for. But my experience is that you almost never get more than you pay for when it comes to this type of product.
 ;D

IainB:
Mmm, Fluke!
(Drool, drool.)

4wd:
Mmmm, AVO!

Now, if only I could get batteries for it....

IainB:
Wow! That Avo meter is a real multimeter.
I actually prefer the old mirrored meter dials to digital readouts. They were ergonomically more suited to providing a relative readout, and the mirror got rid of parallax, so the reading could be pretty accurate.
I read somewhere that the Universal AVO Meter was dead accurate. What model is that one - a model 40 or something?
I presume it requires some kind of obsolete dry battery? What was it?

4wd:
It's a Model 8 Mk IV, it uses a 1.5V D cell and a 15V "x" cell - I can use a battery pack made of 3V lithium cells to replace the 15V, (eg. 5 x 2032).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version