ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Rumors of Adobe releasing CS2 for free? (true or NOT true)

<< < (8/17) > >>

rgdot:
This is the most confusing thing on the internet ever :D

People are downloading straight from Adobe servers and making it work or not? (Yes I am aware how 'normal' online activation and licensing work)

cmpm:
this 'confusion' is Adobe's fault

On behalf of Adobe Systems Incorporated …

You have heard wrong! Adobe is absolutely not providing free copies of CS2!

What is true is that Adobe is terminating the activation servers for CS2 and that for existing licensed users of CS2 who need to reinstall their software, copies of CS2 that don’t require activation but do require valid serial numbers are available. (Special serial numbers are provided on the page for each product download.) See <http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1114930>.
--- End quote ---

should have said that to begin with

wraith808:
Could one of the moderators change the subtitle of this thread from (NOT SPAM) to (SPAM), please?
-helmut85 (January 07, 2013, 04:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Why?  No matter what happens, it's still not forum spam.
-wraith808 (January 07, 2013, 05:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1 w/ Helmut85...

I think it would be more accurate (and fair to Adobe) if it read: Rumors of Adobe releasing CS2 for free? (NOT TRUE)
-40hz (January 07, 2013, 05:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Changing thread titles is cool, and a good idea... but it's still not spam.  And there's still useful information to be found in the thread, IMO.

fenixproductions:
@40hz
I agree with you but we are living in he world where you subscribe games (Steam does not sell games any more) and some people need warnings on hot coffee cups.

wraith808:
@40hz
I agree with you but we are living in he world where you subscribe games (Steam does not sell games any more) and some people need warnings on hot coffee cups.

-fenixproductions (January 07, 2013, 05:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Valve hasn't helped themselves with their use of terms as they are on the fringe of what a subscription might be, but if you read the TOS, then it's pretty clear that they're selling you a revocable license.  A subscription usually implies that there is an ongoing payment, and that's what people that use it in the negative towards Steam like to imply.  Their terms are crafted to insulate themselves from a subset of customers (not agreeing with that approach).  But to dirisively say that you subscribe to games is IMO propagating the incorrect view of the TOS to solidify arguments that might not be applicable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version