topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 3:24 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: DONE: A Spider Logic Game like cells for Donation Coder members  (Read 4506 times)

justabeginner

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
A little game for the Donation Coder community. Enjoy !

spider coder.JPG

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to All on Donation Coder.

I hope everyone has a great start to the New 2013 Year.

Regards Eddie

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: DONE: A Spider Logic Game like cells for Donation Coder members
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 01:48 AM »

Hi Eddie,

This one intrigues me because it's like a wildcard version of the old game Ataxx, one of only 10 90's era games I really liked. In that one, you could only move close to your existing "spiders", where your game lets you place them anywhere. I have no idea what that does to the strategy!

The pity is that there's no AI to play against!  :(

justabeginner

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 01:20 AM »
Hi TaoPhoenix,

The game was originally made by a French dude, but because I liked it's simplicity I thought I would make some slight improvements.

When you play the game you realise that near the end things can change either way. Anyhow I thought I'd share the program with anyone who is interested in Logic type games, instead of the ultraviolent shooting games. Don't get me wrong, the shooting games are good fun, but I prefer something less violent and more logiic based.

I was thinking of improving the graphics and adding sound effects and possible having 2 teams play across the internet, but I really like the programs small size and it's simplistic gui interface. A possile use is to be played on a tablet.

Anyhow, enjoy!

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 02:02 AM »
Hi TaoPhoenix,
When you play the game you realize that near the end things can change either way. Anyhow I thought I'd share the program with anyone who is interested in Logic type games, instead of the ultra-violent shooting games. Don't get me wrong, the shooting games are good fun, but I prefer something less violent and more logic based.

I was thinking of improving the graphics and adding sound effects and possible having 2 teams play across the internet, but I really like the programs small size and it's simplistic gui interface. A possile use is to be played on a tablet.

Anyhow, enjoy!

Don't be fooled by the name! Ataxx is not a shooting game!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ataxx

It's the same family concept of logic games as yours, except that in that one you can't place markers anywhere - they have to "grow" out of existing ones. In yours, it's more of a wildcard "place anywhere" effect that changes what counts as a good move.

But I can't enjoy it! I have no one to play it with! :(  That's why I suggested making a program AI - these kinds of logic programs are usually played by single people themselves in a spare hour. I know I for one don't have much interest right now in trying to deal with internet servers for opponents for this.