ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Suggestions for Usenet Binary Downloader?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Cloq:
If you are looking for an all around binaries sucker, nothing beats NewsRobot.  :Thmbsup:

What I love the most out of that piece of software is its lifetime registration PLUS registration for all software that the author has made or will make. It's worth every penny.

www.newsrobot.com

mouser:
price: $27.

Our registration policy is unparalleled in the Internet community: register any sb-software product, and you get them all -- and all future versions -- for life. If you start out with one of our novice tools, you can move right into a professional tool without paying a cent. Your registration is good for life, and covers all future versions.
--- End quote ---

hard to go wrong with that  :Thmbsup:

wr975:
What I love the most out of that piece of software is its lifetime registration PLUS registration for all software that the author has made or will make. It's worth every penny.
-Cloq (April 23, 2006, 11:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Lifetime updates sounds nice, but are there updates? ;)

The current version is 9.4, released 4/20//2005 !
SBNews now supports the new yEnc encoding format!
--- End quote ---

Maybe this information will be satisfying:   http://www.binaries4all.com/newsreaders/
-vegas (April 23, 2006, 09:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Great link!!  :Thmbsup:

That's exactly how I thought a newsreader review could be done (if ever).

a.) List common features and compare which Newsreaders supports what
b.) Give a recommendation, but no "Best client is"
c.) Tell users to try and find their best one.

I noted, most clients do not support post RAR/PAR processing. There're external tools available doing it. I used DLdone for a while, but replaced it with Par-N-Rar. It's not perfect, but at least there's some kind of development...

Cloq:

Lifetime updates sounds nice, but are there updates? ;)

The current version is 9.4, released 4/20//2005 !
SBNews now supports the new yEnc encoding format!
--- End quote ---
-wr975 (April 24, 2006, 02:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

Might want to take a look at what the other projects the author makes.

http://www.newsrobot.com/curproj.html

So he doesn't update his frontpage all that often, you might want to check individual project pages for the updates...  ;D

Choose group.. click download... minimize.. pray for enough HD space.  it's that simple! :D

jpfx:
newsleecher the easiest to use.
usenet explorer/newspro the best
newsbin pro a happy medium

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version