ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software that sounded useful, so you bought it, but then...

<< < (5/7) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
Don't get me started on Nuance! They do a lot of cold-calling if you're dumb enough to provide a phone number when you register anything with them. I had to get quite impolite before they took me off the list.
-timns (January 08, 2013, 03:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

I get very leery of registrations asking for phone numbers.

40hz:
It just occurred to me that about 90% of the apps I ever bought for my iPhone fell into this category.  :-\

Many iOS developers show great wisdom in pricing their products as low as they do since it takes advantage of the "Life is Too Short for Some Things" phenomena. To wit: most people are far more likely to write off a non-performing $3 app rather than take issue with its developer and go through the incredible hassle of trying to get a refund through Apple.  ;D

app103:
I tend to outgrow apps, rather than install complete duds.

I end up installing apps that are the best thing since sliced bread, then replace with ones that are the best thing since low carb tortillas.  :D

Replacing Snagit (after many happy years of use) with Screenshot Capture is a perfect example.

Then there is the change of how I think about and do things, that leads to things like replacing Dreamweaver with Notepad2.

Then there are all the games I just got bored with after playing them too much.

Darwin:
^+1  ;D I'm in the same boat, April!

J-Mac:
Replacing Snagit (after many happy years of use) with Screenshot Capture is a perfect example.
-app103 (January 10, 2013, 08:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1  I did the same about two years ago and have never looked back.   :)

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version