ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2013

NANY 2013 Release - Skyrim Character Manager

<< < (4/4)

wraith808:
I do plan to make the folder and executable separate, to allow people to run SKSE and such; I've never used them, so didn't know that people launched different executables.  The double shell names have to do with the way that C# naming conventions work - the namespace is SkyrimCharacterManager.Shell and the class name is Shell.  So when I fully qualify it, it shows up as SkyrimCharacterManager.Shell.Shell.  Think of a namespace as a container that segregates bits of code, and the class itself as the object that actually does the work.

DougalS:
Doesn't really matter the executable, as they are renamed anyway. I use SKSE, whose exe is called skse_loader.exe, however to make it work in Steam, you rename the TESV.exe to Skyrim.exe, then rename skse_loader.exe to TESV.exe. Then Steam will call the SKSE exe which in turn loads the old TESV exe. The name of the chained exe is in the Data\SKSE\skse.ini file (RuntimeName=Skyrim.exe). So as far as any third party apps like your's, it is still TESV.exe that should be called.

My comment was that your settings dialog requires the executable folder path (eg "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim") not the executable path (eg "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\TESV.exe") as implied by the text label, or else it does't work.

Cheers

wraith808:
Doesn't really matter the executable, as they are renamed anyway. I use SKSE, whose exe is called skse_loader.exe, however to make it work in Steam, you rename the TESV.exe to Skyrim.exe, then rename skse_loader.exe to TESV.exe. Then Steam will call the SKSE exe which in turn loads the old TESV exe. The name of the chained exe is in the Data\SKSE\skse.ini file (RuntimeName=Skyrim.exe). So as far as any third party apps like your's, it is still TESV.exe that should be called.

My comment was that your settings dialog requires the executable folder path (eg "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim") not the executable path (eg "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\TESV.exe") as implied by the text label, or else it does't work.

Cheers
-DougalS (January 14, 2013, 12:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ah... I see your point.  And not all people rename their executable.  Some just run it, as I've seen on another forum.  But I'll revisit that in the next version, hopefully this week.

Thanks!

DougalS:
You could kill 2 birds with one stone by getting the executable full path; strip filename to get folder for whatever you use the current folder value for, and the name for the executable to launch.
Cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version