ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

What pisses you off? [NSFW - language]

(1/2) > >>

Renegade:
Well, everyone has been through it. You fart around and waste time and then you finally find the answer...

What pisses me off is API methods that don't work. I spend hours trying to do what should take minutes.

Here's a recent example:

--- Code: C# ---// This doesn't fucking work://wv.LoadData (html, "text/html", null);// Spent fucking hours trying to get around that shit when I finally found this:// http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3312643/android-webview-utf-8-not-showing// Jesus fuck... why can't shit just work?wv.LoadDataWithBaseURL (null, html, "text/html", "utf-8", null);
Yes. That is what I write in my code. Or at least before I release any code that is open.

It's just damn annoying to waste so much time on something that has been in since API level 1 and I'm testing at level 12. Sheesh...

Thing is, this kind of stuff happens pretty regularly. :(

Josh:
Very similar threads are my pet peeve ;-)

Renegade:
-Josh (January 03, 2013, 02:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Another pet peeve is people that necro-thread things gone past 4 or 5 years ago... :P ;D

Josh:
-Josh (January 03, 2013, 02:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Another pet peeve is people that necro-thread things gone past 4 or 5 years ago... :P ;D
-Renegade (January 03, 2013, 02:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Pet Peeve of mine is people who have pet peeves with people who necro-thread things ;-)

4wd:
Overly complicated answers.

Pet Peeve of mine is people who have pet peeves with people who necro-thread things ;-)
-Josh (January 03, 2013, 02:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version