ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Android 3.2 to 4.0 Upgrade on Tab

<< < (2/3) > >>

Renegade:
Thanks for sharing the good news -- I didn't find an upgrade on the Note to be a plus and consequently held off on upgrading an SGT 10.1 here.

Now that I've heard some good news, may be I will go through with it :)
-ewemoa (January 04, 2013, 12:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

There are some UI changes, like repositioned elements, a slightly different way to do this/that/the other thing, but so far I've not noticed anything that's difficult or frustrating. How you add app shortcuts to the main home screens is different, and I've had to re-add them now, but meh, not really a huge worry. The smoothness and speed is definitely worth it. :D

ewemoa:
The smoothness and speed is definitely worth it. :D
-Renegade (January 04, 2013, 12:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

That sounds good!  Especially because I felt quite the opposite with the Note upgrade.

Deozaan:
Vanilla Android 4.x is really great. Not so sure about the vendor-customized ROMs. )c:

Renegade:
Vanilla Android 4.x is really great. Not so sure about the vendor-customized ROMs. )c:
-Deozaan (January 04, 2013, 06:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Vendor-specific is already here with SDKs for proprietary hardware. One of the reasons to hope that the open systems do well. We'll see though.

Darwin:
I went this route with my Asus Transformer TF-101 (ie first generation Transformer) about a year ago and it's been an overall good experience. Like Renegade, I was pleased by the improved responsiveness and smoothness of the tablet. Having said that, it's a good thing that I'm "geeky" because I had to do a lot of tinkering to solve a range of issues (early FW releases of ICS from Asus reduced video output volume to almost nil and there were early random restart issues that have subsequently been only partially resolved by newer FW, etc.) in the first few months. It's fairly stable now, but Honeycomb was rock solid. ICS is not... Note, though, that vendor ROMs vary wildly in terms of stability, depending on vendor, the hardware components, yada yada yada..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version