ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

name.lnk.lnk.lnk.lnk.lnk forever ?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Contro:
(see attachment in previous post)
-4wd (January 02, 2013, 08:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

:-*
I have several thumbs.db . Three or four and then is problematic because the program don't know which one must remain.....
So don't rename until that problem is solved.
So I go to the folder and deleted the innecesary ones.
But the program don't refresh , so I have to close first, and open after.....

:)

4wd:
Delete all thumbs.db - they are a semi-useless file that just carries ephemeral data, (ala. pagefile).

Better yet, don't back them up in the first place, most decent file backup programs just ignore them.

To refresh the display, click on another folder than back again or hit F5.

Contro:
Understood.

Best Regards

Curt:
But the program don't refresh , so I have to close first, and open after.....-Contro (January 02, 2013, 09:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

yes, the program will refresh. Just place the cursor in the right window and press F5.

barney:
I have several thumbs.db . Three or four and then is problematic because the program don't know which one must remain.....
-Contro (January 02, 2013, 09:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Why rename them?  Just delete them.  Next time you access one of those folders in Explorer, it'll take just a bit longer as Explorer rebuilds a local thumbs.db.  And, to the best of my knowledge, only Windows - specifically Explorer - uses a thumbs.db file.

<addendum>
I see a couple of folk got ahead of me on this.  Oh, well, I'll post anyway - reinforcement  ;).
</addendum>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version