ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

In search of ... JavaScript & BBcode editor/ide software

<< < (2/2)

Renegade:
Funny you should mention debugging, but that's exactly why I recommended Aptana.
-Renegade (January 02, 2013, 12:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I know you did, and I recognize the functionality.  But Aptana is a coder's IDE, not a beginner's.
-barney (January 02, 2013, 01:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

True enough. One of the things that I think is FANTASTIC about IDE's like Aptana is code completion (Intellisense in Visual Studio).

Maybe an older version of Visual Studio might be good? Before 2010 VS had dynamic help, which would display help for you as you type. It was a SPECTACULAR feature, and probably one of the easiest ways to learn. Not sure how it did for HTML/JS though as I've always used other editors for that.

I don't know any beginner level editors that have code completion. :( (I won't use an IDE without it - I'd rather just get doing stuff that worry about whether the exact method name is "setMouseHoverListener" or "SetMouseHoverListener" or "OnSetMouseHover" or whatever.)

If you can get her onto something with code completion, she'll improve by leaps and bounds on her own.

<aside>
How are the wounds doing, Renegade?  Much better, I hope.
</aside>
-barney (January 02, 2013, 01:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for asking. It's doing a lot better now. It's about over that "itchy" stage. The one knuckle is at about 80%. It's a bit weird as it's still numb and tight, but pretty much all my strength is back (lacking some flexibility). Skin's starting to peel away as well - the dead stuff on top - like a really bad sunburn - leaving the nice shiny new stuff! But near 100% now! :D You've been through it, so I'm sure you know how it is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version