ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Found on the Web: Short Rant Against Users of Free Web Apps

<< < (9/9)

wraith808:
Not to go all One Year Later on this
-TaoPhoenix (December 30, 2012, 11:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

...but you did!  ;D

TaoPhoenix:
Not to go all One Year Later on this
-TaoPhoenix (December 30, 2012, 11:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

...but you did!  ;D
-wraith808 (December 30, 2012, 12:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

'Cause everyone luvs gratuitous MouserBot tells in the almost-unused chat room!

Tinman57:
I've done both and I basically agree. Too many "customers" of my freeware were demanding and rude. The customers of my payware are courteous, thoughtful and pleasant.

cheers,
-berry (January 05, 2012, 11:08 AM)
--- End quote ---
  There are way too many people that expect things for free.  Seems to be the norm today, everyone expects something for nothing.  I'm a firm believer in supporting freeware, even when they don't ask for donations.  I have tried to donate to several programmers that flat out refused because they do it as a hobby or are well off.
  When I read some of the post requesting help or suggestions on freeware, these folks get downright nasty and actually makes demands.  For something that's FREE???  Really pisses me off, and I usually slam them and then get slammed by others just like the one I slammed, more freeloaders.
  Then on the flip-side there's the small apps that has only one function, like to clear out cookies, that the programmer wants $15.00 for the app.  Are they that proud of their product or just that self-important?
  Anyhow, I'd rather donate for quality freeware/shareware software like Screenshot Captor than to buy from big software companies that over-bloat their software, ask for too much money and have shitty support.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version