topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 5:03 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Xyplorer - last days to buy the lifetime license  (Read 3434 times)

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Xyplorer - last days to buy the lifetime license
« on: December 28, 2012, 10:39 PM »
Hi,

I have used Total Commander for many years. Sometimes it seems to choke, or run not so good, on folders with huge amounts of files. Plus we all know that Xyplorer2 and XYplorer join TC as three incredible programs. And each one has its strengths.  DOpus too, for more $. Others are fine, too, (including FreeCommander for the free) but those three above have a certain panache, along with a je ne sais quoi.  That is, these programs are fantastico.  Inexpensive, lots of features, fine developers.  

=================

XYPlorer is saying goodbye to a lifetime license (I own one) that they have had for about 12 years so far.  Not in the common charlatan way of Roboform and this and that, where they change the rules of the game.  Nahh, they are doing it the integrity way.  Buy one this week, till the end of the year, if you want, because in 2013 we are not selling any more.  However all such licenses, whenever bought, will be honored.  Buy this week, if you want, but please do not complain next week.  I don't know the price,  it may not be worth it for most, but some might be interested.

My experience with them the other day was rather amazing.
Here is the thread.

sort question - date, size
http://www.xyplorer....fa3cf9759352c95a1618

Ask for a brand-new feature, of some substance.
And it is in Beta within two hours.  

That is as good as our local DC programmers !

I've been busy, so I have not used it yet, but the thread explains all.

Just a FYI.  A nod.  A shout-out.

Well done, Don!
Gentlemen like you make our puter use a pleasure.

Steven

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Xyplorer - last days to buy the lifetime license
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 09:24 AM »
Funny, I too, own TC, x2, and XY.   ;D
Each has unique strengths that the other two does not have.

Definitely XYplorer excels in its scriptability--and other ways too.

As you have said, even though the developer promises to continue honoring the lifetime licences, after 2012, he will no longer SELL them.  If anyone has considered purchasing XY, now is the time.  And be sure to get "lifetime pro."

EDIT:  And btw, I too, had Don incorporate a feature request within hours :)
http://www.xyplorer....c.php?f=3&t=8311