ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Change Windows' Winver Banner

<< < (2/2)

app103:
I don't know why anybody would want to do that either, but there are people that do.

Take this for example:

http://users.pandora.be/azone/calmira/calxp40.htm

The few remaining Win3.1 users can make it look XP-ish.
But Calmira does add extra things that are useful too.

If I was going to attempt to change that banner I'd want something totally custom and uniquely my own. Maybe a FisherPrice XP banner that looked like something from the toy company  ;D

The reason why it is reverting back to the original every time you update is probably because the version info changes slightly with each update, and the update is replacing it on you.

Now I don't know where to replace that graphic without doing a bit of research, but if you wanted it to stay replaced, the application that does it for you would probably have to load at startup, replace the graphic, and then exit...each time you reboot.

kimmchii:
mine: 8)
IDEA: Change Windows' Winver Banner

brotherS:
No, I mean the Winver banner, type Run->Winver to see what I mean.
-Tony291993 (April 23, 2006, 09:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
Oh, i didn't know about that one! But why would you want to change that dialog. You're risking messing something up, i guess a pretty strong reason would be needed to do that.
-jgpaiva (April 24, 2006, 04:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
Like you, jgpaiva, I never used that command. Never ever. Not once. Why would anyone would want to skin/mod such a well-hidden window?  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version