ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Learn C (and other things...) the Hard Way

(1/2) > >>

ewemoa:
Hearing praise from Josh about Learn Regex the Hard Way, went to take a look and found Learn C the Hard Way.

It doesn't appear to be completed yet, but the lessons I've gone through have been helpful in clarifying and improving my limited understanding of C  :)  (As I often seem to retain things better actually performing actions, the author's approach seems to work pretty well for yours truly.)

Has any one else tried it out?

The current list of topics the author appears to be working on (whether updating old versions or completing first versions) includes:

* Python
* Ruby
* C
* Regex
* SQL
* CLI Crash Course

Edvard:
Wow, nice resource.  I'll be looking at this later; especially the Regex's; been wanting to learn that for a while, especially as it seems a pre-requisite for Linux hackery, and I never bothered to learn much beyond the basics.
Thanks to you and Josh  :Thmbsup:

relipse:
Wow, nice resource.  I'll be looking at this later; especially the Regex's; been wanting to learn that for a while, especially as it seems a pre-requisite for Linux hackery, and I never bothered to learn much beyond the basics.
Thanks to you and Josh  :Thmbsup:
-Edvard (December 28, 2012, 04:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have been using RegexBuddy for several years now, a must tool for regular expressions worth every penny i spent on it, that will teach it to you by example.

MilesAhead:
I found this little RegEx Tester freebie on SourceForge:
http://regextester.sourceforge.net

Not sure how good it is. But it should be helpful for some not very RegEx skilled like myself. Easy to use. From what I can see it saves no settings. Just copy the exe to a directory in the Path.

Renegade:
Expresso is another good program for writing and testing regex.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version