topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 4:23 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Acronis Backup  (Read 16893 times)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Re: Acronis Backup
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2012, 05:13 AM »
Renegade - AFAIK Acronis only deletes backups if u configure it that way - I still have my install backup from 9 months ago, and I do a daily backup and told Acronis to only keep 3 most recent copies. It works for me.... :D

I configured it a long time ago, and don't remember what I set it to, but I KNOW that I'm a digital packrat, and there's not a hope in Hell that I'd configure it to ever delete anything. Ever.

The backups are in multiple files, and it had deleted some of the individual parts of the archive, which corrupted the whole thing for restoration purposes.

Anyways... I've got most of what I need installed again. Visual Studio is HORRIBLE to install, and took the best part of a day. Not including docs.
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2012, 09:29 AM »
Looks and 'feels' exactly the same to me!

;D

Really? I can't believe that it's just a name change.

Well, Tobias has been extremely generous wrt upgrades so I don’t mind paying for this regardless of what has changed.   :)

Thanks!

Jim

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2012, 09:37 PM »
Hi Jim, S CleverCat notes, Syncovery functions and looks like SFFS, though the GUI has been cleaned up. There are improvements under the hood, but nothing that the majority of users would be too concerned about or interested in. I don't quite recall how I heard about Syncovery - I *believe* it was while digging around on the SFFS website, at which time I saw mention of it and dug around for more information, so got in on beta testing.