ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

New Desktop parts list (RFC)

<< < (6/8) > >>

Carol Haynes:
SIW is very easy to use. There isn't a free version any more but you can find the last free build at:

www.oldversion.com/windows/siw/

4wd:
SIW is very easy to use. There isn't a free version any more but you can find the last free build at:

-Carol Haynes (January 10, 2013, 06:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

That appears to be build 0916, (Sep 16), a later version could be available at PortableApps, 1029l (Oct 29).

The last Home Edition one from the SIW website is even later, 1029r, but it needs to be installed and comes with OpenCandy.

TaoPhoenix:
LookInMyPC is free, easy to use, and doesn't need an airline pilot's license to figure it out. It can create a comprehensive hardware profile report. It does a lot more too.  It's a nice utility to keep on hand. :)
-40hz (January 10, 2013, 05:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Okay, here is my report. I turned off a lot of obvious stuff like browsers and hotfixes to keep it short.
http://www.freevoteusa.com/TaoLookInMyPC%20Report.zip

Carol Haynes:

-Carol Haynes (January 10, 2013, 06:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

That appears to be build 0916, (Sep 16), a later version could be available at PortableApps, 1029l (Oct 29).

The last Home Edition one from the SIW website is even later, 1029r, but it needs to be installed and comes with OpenCandy.
-4wd (January 10, 2013, 07:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

FWIW the portable apps version works just fine - extract the archive and then just double click SIW in the extracted folder.

4wd:
LookInMyPC is free, easy to use, and doesn't need an airline pilot's license to figure it out. It can create a comprehensive hardware profile report. It does a lot more too.  It's a nice utility to keep on hand. :)
-40hz (January 10, 2013, 05:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Okay, here is my report. I turned off a lot of obvious stuff like browsers and hotfixes to keep it short.
-TaoPhoenix (January 11, 2013, 05:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Looks like it's an old, (by today's standards), Creative SB Audigy card that's been added - whatever software you're using is most likely leveraging the DSP on it.

Most modern CPUs would probably at least give it a run for it's money, especially given they can probably utilise their onboard stream processors to do the job.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version