ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Broadband Caps

<< < (2/3) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
  One thing that really gripes my butt is how they advertise a certain speed with the small print that states this will vary depending on the time of day.  Well, I've been on the internet in all times frames many times and have NEVER even come close to the advertised speed.  But yet they just keep on keeping on.....With our money.....
-Tinman57 (December 23, 2012, 08:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

The key word they use is "Up to" -My ISP uses the 'Up To' method, BUT, they also point out that I will NEVER get below a certain speed (90% of full speed) unless something breaks at the exchange.

Renegade:
There seems to be a fundamental disconnect between ISP marketing divisions and the concept of being honest or not outright deceptive. Skipping the rant...  :-\

barney:
The key word they use is "Up to" -My ISP uses the 'Up To' method, BUT, they also point out that I will NEVER get below a certain speed (90% of full speed) unless something breaks at the exchange.
-Stephen66515 (December 23, 2012, 08:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wish I had your service.  Think they work across the pond  :P?

KynloStephen66515:
--- End quote ---

Wish I had your service.  Think they work across the pond  :P?
-barney (December 23, 2012, 08:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Don't think "British Telecom" have a US department...Couldn't be sure though lol

barney:
--- End quote ---

Wish I had your service.  Think they work across the pond  :P?
-barney (December 23, 2012, 08:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Don't think "British Telecom" have a US department...Couldn't be sure though lol
-Stephen66515 (December 23, 2012, 09:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

They tried.  When I worked at MCI, BT offered to buy us, around 1998-2000, if memory serves.  Most of us were all for it.  Then Bernie doubled the bid (to the higher ups), his was accepted.  Then he was jailed, MCI became a 5th rate organization (at best) - and they had been arguably at the top of the telecom heap - and got bought out by Verizon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version