ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Hotmail backup without POP3 crap?

(1/3) > >>

MilesAhead:
Seems like the easy way should be to copy email folders to SkyDrive, then download.  But I see no clue anywhere how to do it. I've wasted about 3 hours screwing around with POP3 AddOns that claim to access hotmail but don't work.

Has anyone found the easy way?

40hz:
Have you tried using Windows Live Mail?

MilesAhead:
-40hz (December 22, 2012, 02:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Isn't that another online deal? I'm trying to get my stored email to my PC without forwarding one by one.  I tried setting up Thunderbird to access hotmail following guides but I get not accept password.

I don't know why they don't just have right click on folder to move it in one shot.

40hz:
I take it you don't have Outlook?

Attronarch:
-40hz (December 22, 2012, 02:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Isn't that another online deal? I'm trying to get my stored email to my PC without forwarding one by one.  I tried setting up Thunderbird to access hotmail following guides but I get not accept password.

I don't know why they don't just have right click on folder to move it in one shot.

-MilesAhead (December 22, 2012, 03:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

You could try to add it as IMAP account to Thunderbird and then use Import/Export Tools add-on. That's how I do it for one of my e-mail accounts which is IMAP only, but I haven't tried it with Hotmail. It should work if you can add it as IMAP account.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version