topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 10:45 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Duplicate RSS Feed Entries in FeedDemon 2  (Read 4528 times)

moerl

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Duplicate RSS Feed Entries in FeedDemon 2
« on: April 21, 2006, 06:00 PM »
From Newsgator's Knowledge Base: INF: FeedDemon is displaying duplicates of many news items. Why?

But there is no solution there. Then again, there may be no solution to this problem... period. But that's why I'm asking here. Anyone know more about this and what I could do to solve the problem, if anything?

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Duplicate RSS Feed Entries in FeedDemon 2
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 11:14 PM »
I use Rojo.com for my RSS feeds and I will often get duplicate entries. Sometimes where there was a spelling correction/change in the title.

But sometimes I'd get several of the same entries from one source, usually Joystiq, like they don't post enough already. It's terrible to have 100 new articles but each one from Joystiq has seven duplicates.

I don't have a solution. I'm just letting you know that it isn't limited to FeedDemon.

moerl

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Duplicate RSS Feed Entries in FeedDemon 2
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 02:12 AM »
I use Rojo.com for my RSS feeds and I will often get duplicate entries. Sometimes where there was a spelling correction/change in the title.

But sometimes I'd get several of the same entries from one source, usually Joystiq, like they don't post enough already. It's terrible to have 100 new articles but each one from Joystiq has seven duplicates.

I don't have a solution. I'm just letting you know that it isn't limited to FeedDemon.
I appreciate you sharing that information. Rojo.com is extremely impressive, I must admit. The "today" page was loaded with super interesting stuff when I went there just now. Sweet link! Thanks. And it's good--or, well, bad, if you think about it--to know that this is an issue related directly the architecture of feeds rather than my particular feedreader. Thanks for confirming that suspicion as well. Guess there really IS nothing we can do. The only solution is for the RSS/Atom standards to be updated in such a way that each feed entry can unmistakably and uniquely uniquely be identified.