ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Video games Under Scrutiny AGAIN

<< < (3/4) > >>

Renegade:
That's an exercise in futility. -Renegade (December 23, 2012, 05:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Quite right, they'll always create a better idiot.
-4wd (December 23, 2012, 07:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Case in point - http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin2007-13.html

Absolutely spectacular Darwin Award, and totally NSFW.

Innovation knows no bounds in the consummate idiot.

wraith808:
But... that's what they're trying to do, if they try to remove everything that could possibly be harmful b/c there are idiots out there...

barney:
Case in point - http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin2007-13.html

Absolutely spectacular Darwin Award, and totally NSFW.

Innovation knows no bounds in the consummate idiot.
-Renegade (December 23, 2012, 09:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Don't think I ever drank just to get drunk ... and there's no flavour in an enema - I thimk - but maybe there's some other enticing element.  Anyway, methinks that Darwin Award was well - albeit tardily - placed.  But just the thought of the process makes me shudder  :o.

barney:
... if they try to remove everything that could possibly be harmful ...
-wraith808 (December 23, 2012, 10:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Which is just about anything you can experience in the course of a normal day.  Is there anything that cannot be harmful in excess?  I knew a man who killed himself via excessive sex - fatal heart attack.  Don't feel sorry for him, but feel very sorry for his partner at that moment ... she spent several years in psychotherapy.

There are times when I could agree with the argument of preemptive Darwin Awards ... not often, but at times ...

Renegade:
But... that's what they're trying to do, if they try to remove everything that could possibly be harmful b/c there are idiots out there...
-wraith808 (December 23, 2012, 10:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

To me, this represents the absolute greatest danger - the well-meaning idiot that actually believes that violently forcing/imposing their stupid ideas on others will somehow solve all the world's problems and magically protect all the other numbskulls from their own idiocy.

I'm all for offering a helping hand, but that's not what happens when some retard decides that now all FPS video games must be banned/criminalized, or insert any other dumb idea there. Any idea that must be "enforced" is probably a bad idea. I don't see banning violent video games as any kind of a solution to any problem, whether or not they do lead to violent behaviour.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version