ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Video rant against Windows 8

(1/7) > >>

mouser:
This is no doubt quite exaggerated for effect, but I can't say I really disagree with any of the points being made:

I've said it many timed before but I like to repeat it so I get credit when someone finally writes a book explaining how I was right --  but the *only* rational explanation for the decisions Microsoft makes is that it has been infiltrated at the highest levels by saboteurs who are trying to cause the company to fail.

40hz:
Hmm...well...it's all for the better supposedly. And they say they come in peace...

Stoic Joker:
Okay 10 minutes in and this really just sounds like a bunch of verbal shenanigans. The guy's biggest complaint  so far is basically that he is to stupid to use a touch interface. Seriously?!? Who in their right mind would confuse swipe with cursor movement by trying to touch-pad a touch screen?? The cursor jumps to where ever you put your finger ... Which is exactly how all of them work. If he wants to attach that aspect of user interaction then Droid and iWord suck just as bad if you're intent on being a clumsy assed obtuse retard.

Nod5:
I like the energy in that video :D

That said, I still feel that a well designed service pack could do wonders for Win 8. If they put options to effectively disable the Metro stuff I'd probably go for it.

zridling:
My wife has Win8 on her computer/s and she actually likes it, even brags about it. Of course, my old pissy self just doesn't get it. I was confounded and just gave up. I only hope Microsoft is furiously working on Win9 to get users back. But no business is going to gamble on this. It's insanely painful (for me) to use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version