ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Password Managers

<< < (3/3)

Tinman57:
  I use Roboform password manager and form filler.  If you have 10 or less logins then RoboForm 7 is free.  I have the pro version even though I don't use but one profile.  It has a Sync option, however I've never used it and can't tell you how it works.  Not only does it work for internet pages, it also works for Windows forms.  There's way too much to list here, you can read about it here;

http://www.roboform.com/download

kycochise:
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions! I will check some out............appreciate your help!
And Merry Christmas to ALL!!

Tinman57:
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions! I will check some out............appreciate your help!
-kycochise (December 22, 2012, 05:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
  Ain't we just a friendly bunch?   ;)

f0dder:
-kycochise (December 22, 2012, 05:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
  Ain't we just a friendly bunch?   ;)
-Tinman57 (December 22, 2012, 07:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
NO!

We're a secretive bunch!

... :P

bit:
This link says to use an OS called 'Tails', and that Tails includes a password manager called KeePassX.
At this link, it says KeePassX is compatible with Mac OS X, and Windows 2000, XP, Vista and 7, as well as Linux.
However, at this link, it says autotype is currently supported on Linux only; I presume 'autotype' means 'autofill'?

BTW, my main problem with OSs like Tails is that they don't allow you do easily modify them to change the browser background color to an off-white; and pure white background color burns my eyes out; which is why I use DimScreen as a stop-gap measure; but I prefer to change background color to something like 'light gray' which saves enormous eye strain.
IOW, Tails would be great if I could set it up to always run with light gray background in browser, and also if I could get it to play youtube and other vids.

That's a gripe for TOR Vidalia's built-in modified Firefox browser; it won't play youtube and refuses to be modified to do so.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version