ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Seedling's Software

Hi Everyone / Random MixTape Maker ideas

<< < (9/12) > >>

seedling:
Would it be possible to implement dragging and dropping a playlist onto the blacklist window?-Daleus (December 14, 2007, 08:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

that shouldn't be a problem at all. drag and drop support is already on the black list, but for now it only adds files or folders. i'll just add a handler for .m3u files.  i'll put it on my to-do list this weekend.

seedling:
ok, new version posted in the beta thread. please check it out and post any bugs found.

i'll get to the .m3u drag-n-drop shortly.

parpfish:
Hi Seedling ---

Thanks again for the Keyword Priority Search :D  --- gave it a thorough testing.

Results are here:
http://www.giantpygmy.net/stuff/random_mix_tape_maker_results.txt

Hope they are helpful.

Keep up the excellent work and again congrats on a great program!

P.

seedling:
thanks for the results! i think the main reason there's problems picking up some of the songs, is because i'm haven't checked for the 'album' metadata. i've only tested for: artist, title, and genre (and of course lyrics albeit separately). i'll add album checking as well. i guess what i need to do in the future is really add options to search all possible text fields with keywords. that's prolly the better way to go overall.

i also noticed a strange exception occuring during playlist making on one of my machines, but can't seem to get it to happen on another. are you experiencing these problems?

parpfish:
that's strange -- because it handled the "Gould" search fine, yet Gould only appears in the ALBUM field (unless it also checks for filename - as "gould" is there too).

The biggest hitch re. the results was where there was more than one Keyword Search term. Unless I got the delimiter wrong (used a comma) it seemed to ignore the second term (see results).

See for example the 'Velvet Underground, Debussy' keyword search results.

i guess what i need to do in the future is really add options to search all possible text fields with keywords. that's prolly the better way to go overall.
-seedling (December 17, 2007, 03:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

That makes sense to me.

By the way, does the program concatenate the metafields into a string and then search that string -- or am I way off? Also something I couldn't figure, was the method behind the search. Does it allow for Boolean AND/OR and "containers" (i.e. search ALL FIELDS containing:  [Bach AND "C Minor"] OR ["Velvet Underground"] Thus finding matches for both "Bach pieces in C Minor" and "The Velvet Underground").

I have no idea a) if it can do this already, or b) whether that is hard to impliment.
But it strikes me that if it were to allow for a "Boolean logical search" in all text fields that would be pretty powerful and flexible! The user would be able to pretty much control the degree of a) Certainty (MUST HAVE), b) Bias (KEYWORD with Filters) and c) Randomness - which, I would have thought would cater for pretty much everyone.

i also noticed a strange exception occuring during playlist making on one of my machines, but can't seem to get it to happen on another. are you experiencing these problems?
-seedling (December 17, 2007, 03:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not quite sure what "exception" you're referring to?

P.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version