ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

TPP Update

(1/1)

Tinman57:
As Digital Rights Advocates Mobilize Around the TPP Negotiations, Process Becomes Even Less Transparent
The 15th round of Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) agreement negotiations in New Zealand has concluded, locking out civil society participation in an unprecedented way. Based upon what we have seen from a leaked version of the agreement, the TPP contains language that could effectively pressure ISPs to become Internet cops and criminalize the distribution of DRM-circumvention tools even for fair uses. It would also impede parallel importation of copyrighted goods, among other things. After participating in previous rounds, we could not have imagined that the process could become any less transparent. Amazingly, it did.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2012/12/digital-rights-advocates-mobilize-around-tpp-negotiations-process-become-even-less

Renegade:
...we could not have imagined that the process could become any less transparent. Amazingly, it did.-Tinman57 (December 19, 2012, 08:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nothing good needs to be hidden, but evil needs the cover of darkness.

Tinman57:
...we could not have imagined that the process could become any less transparent. Amazingly, it did.-Tinman57 (December 19, 2012, 08:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nothing good needs to be hidden, but evil needs the cover of darkness.
-Renegade (December 19, 2012, 08:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well I don't know, I rather think the Christmas presents I have hidden are pretty good.   ;)

barney:
  Well I don't know, I rather think the Christmas presents I have hidden are pretty good.   ;)
-Tinman57 (December 20, 2012, 08:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hence the difference 'tween concealed and hidden  ;D.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version