ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

Point to that Screenshot !!!!!!

(1/4) > >>

Contro:
Edited 10.09.2013.00.58. Is not FARR that of course i use too. Is ScreenShot Captor..... :P

;D
I usually take screenshots with FARR.
I save all the screenshots in this directory

O:\SCREENSHOTS
This directory have subfolders for the year (2012,2013,2014....) and the months (01.2012......12.2012)

In this way :

O:\SCREENSHOTS\2012\11.2012\Mozart-19_11_12 , 02_24_15.png
Where 02_24_15 is the time of the screenshot.

FARR save automatically every month to the corresponding folder because of my configuration.

I have taken a screenshot a few minutes ago.

This one :

O:\SCREENSHOTS\2012\12.2012\Mozart-19_12_12 , 2_20_17.png

Mozart is the name of the terminal or pc. But for our purposes that will not be important.

I usually need to point to a screenshot by his date and time. If not exist go to the previous one.

So I would a script activated with a shortkey to enter the date and time. Then find the screenshot.

Is it possible ?

Best Regards and Merry Christmas !!!!

:-*
Last version of LinkNotes ready to try : the password is autoit
read about this software underneath

IainB:
If I understand you correctly, then I am not sure you would need a script for this. (?)
It looks like you are after a simple filename search.

If you didn't have or want to use the main Win7 Start menu Windows Search to do it (why not if you had it?), then my suggestion for this would be to install something like Locate32 (for example), and just manually type in the date/time (or other keyword) into the Locate32 search box, which will find the screenshot file PDQ.
You could have a script to automate that to some extent, I suppose, but it might not be much more efficient than doing it manually.

Have you checked Windows Help to read up about setting up Windows Search and Indexing? If you used that as the main file search, then it should be pretty much bullet-proof once you had it set up and running. Seriously powerful stuff.

Contro:
If I understand you correctly, then I am not sure you would need a script for this. (?)
It looks like you are after a simple filename search.

If you didn't have or want to use the main Win7 Start menu Windows Search to do it (why not if you had it?), then my suggestion for this would be to install something like Locate32 (for example), and just manually type in the date/time (or other keyword) into the Locate32 search box, which will find the screenshot file PDQ.
You could have a script to automate that to some extent, I suppose, but it might not be much more efficient than doing it manually.

Have you checked Windows Help to read up about setting up Windows Search and Indexing? If you used that as the main file search, then it should be pretty much bullet-proof once you had it set up and running. Seriously powerful stuff.
-IainB (December 19, 2012, 05:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

I am not sure that locate32 can help me in this situation because I take many screenshots everyday and sometimes need to link at the same moment and cannot wait for locate 32 indexing.

I have seven hard disks and many partitions and only need to search fast in one folder

O:\Screenshots

I think es better if I have a special script for this.

Best Regards
 :-*

4wd:
Everything would be better - let it run in the background, bring it up with a hotkey and then just start typing the name - searching would be near instantaneous.

Just create a Search Filter to restrict it to the O:\Screenshots\ directory - note the trailing \.

Contro:
Everything would be better - let it run in the background, bring it up with a hotkey and then just start typing the name - searching would be near instantaneous.

Just create a Search Filter to restrict it to the O:\Screenshots\ directory - note the trailing \.
-4wd (December 21, 2012, 12:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hangs everytime in my system w7-64 . Perhaps because I have locate 32 too ?

:P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version