ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: better XP Alt+Tab Task Switch

(1/3) > >>

RedCat71:
I would like a program that works like FARR (my greatest find in a long time) except it would be for task switching. It would have a hot key that would open a window with all running tasks listed and a number beside each one.  Pressing the number would change to that window.  Using the AltTab is frustrating to me because I usually have lots of windows open at a time and I often go past the one I want and have to cycle through all over again.

Maybe such a program already exists and I haven't found it.  I've searched for such a program and found several that are almost, but not quite what I would like.  Lots of them show little icons, but have no numbers.  I found one that used Function keys to choose a window but you had to use a Function key to open it and that key was disabled in all other programs; not good.

Any help would be appreciated.

mouser:
welcome to the site redcat71!  :Thmbsup:

im looking forward to seeing if anyone knows any,
but one of the ideas for farr v2 is to add this functionality to farr, which is a nice idea.
the general idea is that you might be able to perform operations on running apps, including "switchto" and "kill"

noth(a)nk.you:
I often go past the one I want and have to cycle through all over again.-RedCat71 (April 21, 2006, 10:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Note Alt+Shift+Tab moves backward through the list.  (Even so, I too usually cycle through again :-[)

Black Mamba:
Have you tried this one: http://www.ntwind.com/taskswitchxp/index.html

brotherS:
Welcome, RedCat71!

I often go past the one I want and have to cycle through all over again.-RedCat71 (April 21, 2006, 10:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Note Alt+Shift+Tab moves backward through the list.
-noth(a)nk.you (April 21, 2006, 12:02 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, Shift always works as the 'additional qualifier'. I use it all day long, not only with Alt+TAB but also with just TAB or Pos1/Home or End. Very helpful!

(Even so, I too usually cycle through again :-[)

--- End quote ---
;D ;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version