topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 1:41 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Why does Google keep changing the bar menu order/visibility??  (Read 3393 times)

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Before everyone starts explaining HOW to fix this (which I'm interested in also), the main question is WHY google is doing this.  Google seemingly changes what appears in the black bar every few days.  It's very annoying.  The main ones I use are web, news, shopping...probably in that order.  Now, the news keeps going away.  Why?  doesn't make sense.  Then I click on the "more" drop down, and there's only like 4 things there, and I have several inches of screen below it.  Instead of listing a whole bunch in there, they make me clikc "even more".  I mean, this is not only intentional, but a little suspicious.  If someone says this is for simplicity or something, i won't buy it.

I know the basic fix: log in with your account and customize it.  But I don't want to log in, because I don't like googling while logged in.  All the companies are ramping up their BS tactics.  2013 is going to be a very annoying year politically.  Guns & internet will be the issues all year long.  And I don't think the companies are going to lose, unfortunately.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 10:28 PM by superboyac »

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Why does keep changing the bar menu order/visibility??
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 08:09 PM »
"Why does keep changing the bar menu order/visibility??" <--- I think you forgot a word?

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Why does Google keep changing the bar menu order/visibility??
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 10:28 PM »
"Why does keep changing the bar menu order/visibility??" <--- I think you forgot a word?
Sorry, yea..why does GOOGLE keep chaging it...

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 10:33 PM »
I'm not sure I'm following, but is it the case that they are causing you to look through options you'd otherwise not see?

If so, then may be that's the point...

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 10:42 PM »
I'm not sure I'm following, but is it the case that they are causing you to look through options you'd otherwise not see?

If so, then may be that's the point...
I'm saying for the longest time, the bar was like "Web, news, images, videos, etc." with the common things there.  This is without being logged in.

Now it keeps changing all the time.  And News sometimes goes completely out of the bar and I have to go to more-->even more to get it.  Why?  So weird.  Now I check, and News is back on the bar.  WTF is going on?

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 12:31 AM »
When you look at more and even more, you see other things right?

If you do this across enough people, won't those other things being seen eventually be clicked on more than otherwise?