ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Review of Zeus Edit

<< < (9/9)

wraith808:
Does this still count as a mini review?
-Tuxman (September 24, 2013, 10:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Guess it depends on your definition of mini.  I've seen some as long... it's not all *that* long.  I've also seem some terminally brief.  So I guess that remains an exercise for the reader.

panzer:
-panzer (September 24, 2013, 02:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

That was singularly unhelpful.  What kind of error?  What OS?

-wraith808 (September 24, 2013, 09:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Some error when it asks me to take a look inside a log and report it to the developers.

I asked myself how do I not know about this software. But I do. I tried it before and got the same error.  I uninstalled it then and forgot about it.

Maybe it is my just my comp (Win XP), who knows. I really do not like two versions of software: those which crash during installation and those which crash the moment I start to use them.

Maybe the author should base the Lite version to some newer Zeus Edit Pro version ...

wraith808:
I understand what you're saying, and your frustration.  But I guess my point is that if you're not willing to work with the developer, either here or by contacting the developer, then posting such comments is only a negative statement and doesn't really *help* the situation, and makes developers less likely to engage with us.  Especially when the developer has been as up front and engaging as they have in this case.  And makes it harder to bring you this type of offer in the future.  Not to soft shoe anything, but just to be aware of the tone of your posts and how they affect the board and the view of the board as a whole.  Just food for thought.

Jussi Jumppanen:
Some error when it asks me to take a look inside a log and report it to the developers.
--- End quote ---

The message box would have been pointing you to the Zeus error log and the crash dump file.

Usually those two files are enough to get to the bottom of most Zeus errors.

I really do not like two versions of software: those which crash during installation and those which crash the moment I start to use them.
--- End quote ---

I agree with you on that one. ;)

In fact for a long time now it has been my policy that if you manage to crash the latest Zeus Edit Pro version, report the bug and I can manage to replicate and fix it, you will get a free registration.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version