topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 7:01 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Now this is truly cool!  (Read 2144 times)

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Now this is truly cool!
« on: December 15, 2012, 07:25 PM »
Posted on The Verge

IMG_5467_verge_super_wide.JPGNow this is truly cool!  IMG_5450_verge_super_wide.JPGNow this is truly cool!

Delivery for Indiana Jones stirs up mystery at The University of Chicago
By Justin Rubio on December 15, 2012 04:57 pm

Last week The University of Chicago was the recipient of a mysterious package addressed to Dr. Henry Walton Jones, Jr., otherwise known as archaeologist Indiana Jones. The school has no idea where it came from, how it got there, or why it was even sent in the first place, but it does know that its contents would be valuable to Dr. Jones, a former student of the university. Found within the package was an elaborate, handwritten journal by fictional University of Chicago Professor Abner Revenwood, who had taught Dr. Jones during his undergraduate years. The book itself has an aged appearance, and contains weathered inserts, pictures of Marion Ravenwood, and replica money to make it all appear older than it likely is.

The university is now on a quest to discover the package's origins, and even created an official [email protected] email address in case someone wants to drop a hint or help uncover a clue. The university speculates that it could simply be a mishandled delivery for someone else, a viral marketing hoax, or part of an alternate reality game — but it hopes that it's really part of one of the most impressive college applications ever made. If you'd like to help solve the mystery, you can get started by checking out photos of the package's contents provided by the university...

See the rest here.
 8)

Edvard

• Coding Snacks Author
  • Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Now this is truly cool!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 12:50 PM »
Hee hee... smells like an ARGw to me.
Nice find, could be interesting.  :tellme:

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Now this is truly cool!
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 01:01 PM »
From Mouser's bio:
"I ... currently reside in champaign-urbana Illinois (USA), where I came for my Ph.D. in Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence/Neural Networks/Control Theory), but left before defending."

So maybe he could find a clue out? He's in the area!  8)