Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 23, 2014, 12:13:58 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Check out and download the GOE 2007 Freeware Challenge productivity tools.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Were you a radio interviewer or disk jockey or producer in a past life? read in!  (Read 6629 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: April 21, 2006, 09:15:50 AM »

We need some help with the podcast audio show!

• one of the things we want to do as a regular feature on our podcast is have short interviews with freeware/donationware authors. so we need to find one or more people who are willing to conduct these interviews, either over the phone or computer voice conversation tool like skype.
  • we also need a general audio producer - someone to actually produce the show, edit together the different segments, and make a real show out of all the submissions.  anyone want to try to take on this supervisor job and be responsible for making the podcast show a reality?

post replies here or send me email (mouser@donationcoder.com)
bliss
Charter Member

la la la-la

View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 06:59:12 AM »

My friend and I both have experience in public radio broadcasting here in Australia. We don't have ip-based comms but do audio editing etc (I also used to mix bands and produce adverts). We'd like to hear developers talk about their urges and idiosycracies too, so lets have a go. Annie is quite an experienced interviewer, but it could be a pricey proposition over the phone. Maybe the interviewee could record and send the answers which is similar to the way politicians do it? Anyway we're interested!

Am we there yet?
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 07:14:46 AM »

Good to know you're interested in helping, bliss!  Thmbsup Thmbsup

but it could be a pricey proposition over the phone
I think that mouser meant "over the phone" as in "over skype", or some sort of voip client. (see www.skype.com). This would be for free, if you have unlimited time internet connection (dsl or such).

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 12:38:15 PM »

bliss,

two things:
1) are you volunteering to help edit the shows?  do you have a particular program you might use to edit the show together?
i've been laying out this first show in sony Acid.  working pretty well.

2) and/or interviewing? do you have something that will let you record phone calls or like jgpaiva says, do you have a fast internet connection that can record a computer call?  It might be nice to do an interview of the author of mobysaurus dictionary (http://moby.donationcoders.com) he is in australia..
bliss
Charter Member

la la la-la

View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 12:25:48 AM »

Yes to both.

We use cooledit all the time.

Unfortunately, while we have 'broadband', the download limits are tiny so ip-phone is out of reach.

We are fans of English usage (and abusage -is that a word?) and would love to interview the Mobysaurus creator(s). I followed the link and had a look. Now I'm downloading some more bloatware (.net) I'm so impressed with the idea. I've been using a ratty Oxford dictionary that came on a pc-magazine cd years ago. This Mobysaurus looks like what I've wanted for ages! Australia is fairly big so we may have to take our Marantz-digital-thing with us for an explore to where-ever they are.

I'll follow up, and report back.

gq & am

ps On an entirely different subject, can anyone tell me how to use smileys? Tried dragging them but ended up with the javascript text -and no smiley.

Am we there yet?
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 12:51:15 AM »

just click a litttle smiley and the text version of it appears in the editor; it will be converted to the smiley when you preview or submit.
bliss
Charter Member

la la la-la

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 06:10:10 AM »

Grin Cool tellme tongue Thanks

We've talked to Mobysaurus (Anderson Ho) and he's willing to squeeze us in. We'll send him the questions, he'll record the answers, send them to us, and we'll edit it and send it in.

Now we just have to play with our new reference-shelf. We particularly like the Devil's dictionary and the Foolish dictionary. Grin

Am we there yet?
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 06:24:56 AM »

awesome.
mukestar
Supporting Member

View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 04:43:09 PM »

Hey

Im an experienced sound editor (worked in Broadcast enviroment). If you need a hand mixing,editing and mastering only to pleased to help.

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 04:52:41 PM »

mukestar, we are definitely still looking for someone to take over production of the podcast!
talk to me in irc chat channel next time you stop by.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.038s | Server load: 0.1 ]