topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 3:44 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: App to Lose Weight  (Read 5099 times)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
App to Lose Weight
« on: December 15, 2012, 08:32 AM »
An interesting article on an app that helps to lose weight:

http://www.scienceda.../12/121210163628.htm

People who used the mobile phone technology and attended 80 percent of the health education sessions lost 15 pounds and maintained the loss for one year. The average weight loss for the mobile phone group -- including those who did not attend the education sessions -- was 8.6 pounds. The control group -- which received the education sessions but no mobile app -- did not lose weight.

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: App to Lose Weight
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 01:24 PM »
I was really confused because when I first saw the title of this thread, my brain thought it was about Apple. Then I realized that it made no sense for Apple to lose weight. So my brain decided this thread was going to be about app103 and I was wondering why you'd be making a post about her losing weight. :huh:

I think I need a new brain. :-[

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 01:59 PM »
I was really confused because when I first saw the title of this thread, my brain thought it was about Apple. Then I realized that it made no sense for Apple to lose weight. So my brain decided this thread was going to be about app103 and I was wondering why you'd be making a post about her losing weight. :huh:

* Stephen66515 rolls around the floor laughing his ass off  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

:Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :drinksmiley: :drinksmiley: :drinksmiley: :drinksmiley: :drinksmiley: :drinksmiley: :drinksmiley: :drinksmiley: :drinksmiley: :drinksmiley: :drinksmiley: :drinksmiley: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 02:16 PM »

Why, yes, I am losing weight...but I didn't think anybody would notice or care enough to make a post about it.  :P

mahesh2k

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 02:20 PM »
 :D

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 06:22 PM »

Why, yes, I am losing weight...but I didn't think anybody would notice or care enough to make a post about it.  :P

* Deozaan attempts to get the thread back on topic.

You didn't by chance use a mobile app, did you App?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 06:34 PM by Deozaan »

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 08:03 PM »

Nope...I used gallstones. They are quite effective at getting you to stop eating too much fat. Eat a few cookies and you'll spend hours in pain & agony, bent over the toilet, feeling like you are about to become a frog in space:(

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 01:49 AM »

Nope...I used gallstones. They are quite effective at getting you to stop eating too much fat. Eat a few cookies and you'll spend hours in pain & agony, bent over the toilet, feeling like you are about to become a frog in space:(

Yuck! :o :'(

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2012, 08:25 AM »
So my brain decided this thread was going to be about app103 and I was wondering why you'd be making a post about her losing weight. :huh:

You and me both - I short-circuited the crApple part and went directly to the app103 wondering, though :)
- carpe noctem