ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Simple Media Transfer

(1/3) > >>

eraz4323:
A program for those who use removable drives for their media; car, cell phone (not smartphones), etc. I have yet to find a program, that will let me simply select all the audio or video files I want to transfer to a SD card. I mocked up an image showing what it would look like. Besides what the image shows, the program should have a pulldown menu, or another feature, that would allow the user to select between audio or video and automatically refresh the lists to only show the type that has been selected. It could also use an INI file, so settings can be changed, such as directories. There is also no need for a database, since all files would be read upon the program loading/refreshing the lists. Hopefully I've explained it well enough to make sense. Thanks.

MilesAhead:
For NTFS drives you can search for multiple media file types using Everything Search  "ext:" like this:
ext: *.avi;*.mkv;*.mp3

just separate each extension with a semicolon.  Everything uses MFT structures from NTFS so it won't work on other file systems.  But on the thumb drive you could use Explorer "OR" search.
At the top of the drive or root folder you want to start the search, in the Explorer window search input use OR as in
*.mkv OR *.mp3

Once you have all the files in the list it's a matter of drag and drop.
If you keep a text file of various search strings then you don't have to remember the keywords.

I assume you've looked on the popular download sites. Have you also tried SourceForge

Sometimes there's a hidden gem in the open source programs.  Adding Win32 to the search usually narrows it to Windows utilities.

To do all that multiple search masking from scratch is half way to a file manager. It's already been done for free too many times to duplicate. I understand the particular feature may not be there. But fast searches can make up for a lot.  Even Windows Explorer non indexed search should be pretty fast if you are confined to a thumb drive, esp. if the folder tree is not very nested.

If you want to sync particular folders to each other, I'd recommend FreeCommander. It has an intuitive Folder Sync built in and is free, as the name suggests.  Each tab has it's own history. Once you sync a few folders clicking on the input line for each tab pops up a history and it's quick to select each side that way. Sync has a check box to recursively include subfolders or just sync the root folder on each side.

MilesAhead:
Also some of the programming forums have a sub-forum for example scripts, free utilities. Both ahk and autoit have them. The utilities are not always uploaded to the big download sites. You have to do a forum search to find them.

AutoIt Example Scripts

AHK scripts

eraz4323:
Thanks for your suggestions, but you have missed the concept and seem rather pompous with your reply. Nevermind the idea.

tomos:
I dunno, he's offering options and opinions - options and opinions that aren't necessarily what you want (in this case), but they're still relevant.

FWIW I think it's a good idea, I'd use it ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version