ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

WSOD

<< < (5/6) > >>

fenixproductions:
I am starting to be sure that this is anti-stuff issue.
Lot of protection apps try to access (unpack) archives on file read into memory which may slow everything else down.

I've just checked my Comodo suite (enabled packed files deep scanning) and it truly freezes my PC.
Tested with Total Commnder/XYplorer and folders with lot of packed files. Of course, I had to remove their executables from exclusions list.

Target:
@Target anything useful in the logs?-cranioscopical (December 13, 2012, 06:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

nope, at least nothing means anything to me

though looking at the timestamps i don't see anything that looks like a potential culprit

Target:
what's becoming apparent is this is reasonably common, and not specific to an application, or even an application genre

which would tend to point to the OS?

40hz:
Sounds like either a video driver issue or a program bug stomping on explorer.exe. You'll also sometimes also get that when explorer goes out looking for nonexistent network drives. If killing and then reinvoking explorer.exe process using TaskManager clears the WSOD it's definitely an explorer issue.

SKA:
Target ,

Is WSOD linked to graphics card type : ATI or Nvidia ?
I guess its antimalware - graphic driver interaction, esp Nvidia.
I think it may not happen with ATI cards.

Ska

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version