ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

WSOD

(1/6) > >>

Target:
anyone here have any experience with the 'White Screen of Death' phenomenon?

Running win7 x32 on my work laptop, I get random WSOD's throughout the day.  They seem to centre around office apps (excel, outlook) and the browser (IE, firefox,greenbrowser) and can last anywhere from 10 seconds to a total lockup.

Googling turns up plenty, though nothing of apparent value - most occurrences seem to be at boot, and no one seems to be able identify the cause or provide a definitive fix

I'd really like to solve this as it's really starting to piss me off

anyone?

f0dder:
Daheck is a WSOD? Don't think I've ever seen one?

Target:
Daheck is a WSOD? Don't think I've ever seen one?
-f0dder (December 13, 2012, 03:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

white is the new blue ;D

in my case, the screen goes semi opaque (white) and the 'application(s)' lockup

from talking to my colleagues it seems to be a fairly common experience, google seems to back that up

f0dder:
Hm, the *entire* screen? And does the entire system lock up, or "just" the applications? What about the mouse cursor? Can you take a picture next time it happens?

Target:
Hm, the *entire* screen? And does the entire system lock up, or "just" the applications? What about the mouse cursor? Can you take a picture next time it happens?
-f0dder (December 13, 2012, 03:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

let's agree on the entire 'window'.  I pretty much run most everything fullscreen all the time, so it's effectively fullscreen.

When it occurs, it usually locks 'the applications' - usually it will take out a couple of apps (eg the browser AND excel AND outlook, sometimes others as well (eg TC, 1x1).  I can toggle to some other app's but I might have limited access, or the functional apps could be annexed by the WSOD...

Office is prominent as it's at the centre of most of my workday (:-\) but it might or might not be relevant

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version