ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

What is the COOLEST language?

(1/3) > >>

Renegade:
There are a truckload of fun languages out there, but what is the coolest one?

Don't say C# or C++ or Fortran or Delphi, because they're just not cool in the least. Think "boo" or "LOL" or "brainfuck" something FUN~! ;D

Here's one cool language:

http://newspeaklanguage.org/

No need to be useful or anything... Just fun. :D

TaoPhoenix:
As a commentary on the whole Dilbert PHB thing, I'd die in laughter if "that IT guy in the corner" that Mgt loves to kick around decides to code their enterprise mission critical app in something like LolCode. (That's my pick for the most insulting.)

Then I can see it when that coder gets a nice lucky break and moves on, and his successor stares in disbelief at 100,000 likes of Lolcat code that the entire business runs on and goes "Oh ... My ... Gawd..." and then tries to get out as fast as possible without screwing up his references list. (Having guessed what management culture led to it at all!)

;D

app103:
As a commentary on the whole Dilbert PHB thing, I'd die in laughter if "that IT guy in the corner" that Mgt loves to kick around decides to code their enterprise mission critical app in something like LolCode. (That's my pick for the most insulting.)

Then I can see it when that coder gets a nice lucky break and moves on, and his successor stares in disbelief at 100,000 likes of Lolcat code that the entire business runs on and goes "Oh ... My ... Gawd..." and then tries to get out as fast as possible without screwing up his references list. (Having guessed what management culture led to it at all!)

;D

-TaoPhoenix (December 13, 2012, 08:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

barney:
There are a truckload of fun languages out there, but what is the coolest one?
-Renegade (December 13, 2012, 08:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

Simple.  The coolest language is the one (1) I [am able to] use.  All the rest are {junk|overblown|(your descriptive here)}  :P.

alivingspirit:
Python.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version