ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Sleeping Solves Another Bug~! :D

(1/3) > >>

Renegade:
I've been working on some new stuff, and have had a bit of a rough time as things were falling apart badly. So... when all else fails... Take a snooze!

I laid down for a while, envisioned the code in my head, and just rested.

A while later, I went back to the code, started walking through it, and lo and behold, I had the answer. :D

Anyone else ever do this? Step back. Chill. Meditate. Come back and solve a critical issue?

TaoPhoenix:
Yep. Cryptic Answer. Examples go back to the 1700's : )
Yay Sleep!

barney:
Anyone else ever do this? Step back. Chill. Meditate. Come back and solve a critical issue?
-Renegade (December 12, 2012, 11:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not certain I'd call it meditation (dunno that I'd know how  :P), but otherwise that scenario is very familiar - has been a lifesaver at times.

f0dder:
I usually go for a walk rather than snooze, but it often does help taking a few steps back and letting your mind flow freely.

Ath:
+1 :up:

Been doing that on both software and hardware issues: Either get some sleep or make a long car-drive (used to drive an hour from work to home, solved a lot of issues during that hour, never had traffic issues, luckily, drove on a highway ;))

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version