ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Poll: Is donationcoder an iOS unfriendly environment?

<< < (6/7) > >>

Tuxman:
Oh, yes. We are really evil.

Renegade:
iOS is an unfriendly environment.
-Tuxman (December 14, 2012, 07:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1 again.

I gave a concrete example above.

Dormouse:
However, recently I've been thinking a lot about DC needing to be reinvigorated and revitalized, and I've been considering all sorts of possibilities, including having areas focused on Linux, Mobile, Web (Android, iOs), Mac, etc.  That's surely for another discussion thread and not this one, but thought it was worth a mention.
-mouser (December 13, 2012, 11:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Breaking things out by major OS (Windows/OSX and iOS/*NIX) plus a catchall for 'other mobile' (Andriod/WebOS/etc) would make good sense.
-40hz (December 14, 2012, 07:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

I quite like and dislike this idea all at the same time. I like the way everything is split at the moment, and would look at less if it were all tucked away in separate discussion. What I'd really like to see would be tags :D  or filters. So we could look at topics by OS if we wanted and it would just show the relevant topics within the forum we are currently browsing.

barney:
I quite like and dislike this idea all at the same time. I like the way everything is split at the moment, and would look at less if it were all tucked away in separate discussion. What I'd really like to see would be tags :D  or filters. So we could look at topics by OS if we wanted and it would just show the relevant topics within the forum we are currently browsing.
-Dormouse (December 14, 2012, 12:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm with Dormouse on this.  If you provide an area for iOS/OSX, for instance, the Mac folk (both of 'em  ;D) will tend to congregate there.  Ditto for Linux, Mobile, whatever.  Methinks ye'd loose the cross-fertilization that occurs so often now.  Since I use tags a lot on a daily basis, I'm naturally in favor of the tag concept  ;).  Admittedly, tags would likely be a lot more difficult to implement.  But I really believe you'd start to see clique-ish behaviours (much like the way all the varied Linux distros have fragmented the Linux community) if you separate the software and living room discussions by OS groupings.

40hz:
^Agree. Tags actually would be preferable to hard categories for reasons mentioned above. Much more in keeping with the non-denominational vibe around here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version