ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Apple Maps Flaws 'Life-Threatening,' Australian Police Warn

<< < (3/5) > >>

Shades:
brain cell
-4wd (December 11, 2012, 07:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Methinks, sir, thou hast the right of it.  It's most usually brain cells, but some of these folk seem somewhat under-equipped  :P.
-barney (December 11, 2012, 09:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

You could entertain the possibility that most people have the amount of braincells that they need...but that these braincells only work in shifts   

Stoic Joker:
It isn't that the SatNav misplaced 30,000 people, that's irrelevant - it could just as easily been a paper map, it's that the idiots completely ignored their surroundings.-4wd (December 12, 2012, 05:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1  :Thmbsup: ...And 2 points for Charles Darwin.

Renegade:
Well, to play Devil's Advocate here...

It's pretty reasonable to assume that any portion of a map could be wrong, and that the general directions are correct. So, continuing on the path could be construed as the best option, hoping that the errors stop, and that normalcy returns.

Remove warning labels. Thank you. :P

40hz:
The most life threatening aspect of Apple maps, or GoogleMaps - or even paper maps - are the people who consult them while driving.

I'd bet drivers looking at smartphones resulted in more deaths than getting lost in a desert because of a faulty map ever did. Or will.

Just my  :two:

4wd:
So, continuing on the path could be construed as the best option, hoping that the errors stop, and that normalcy returns.-Renegade (December 12, 2012, 07:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Exactly how far down the path to drowning should you decide to swim?

Remove warning labels. Thank you. :P
--- End quote ---

While I agree wholeheartedly with this the fact remains that it wouldn't work....they haven't read the existing one anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version