ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

....and NZBMatrix closes........who's next?

(1/2) > >>

4wd:
The End...

It is with our regret to announce that NZBMATRIX has closed.

We have had to make this decision due to a very large takedown request from a company called Wiggin LLC. These represent the following: Federation Against Copyright Theft Limited ("FACT"), Paramount Home Entertainment International Limited; Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Limited; The Walt Disney Company Limited; Twentieth Century Fox Film Company Limited; Universal Pictures (UK) Limited; Warner Bros. Entertainment UK Limited.

As everyone is aware we are DMCA/Takedown notice compliant, and always have been.
Once this notice is completed we are left with an impossible task of policing our indexing bots.  Even then it won't stop there, there will be follow-up notices etc.

Coupled with this is problems with payment providers, we have been through pretty much everyone out there, in the end they all pull out.
There are massive server/bandwidth costs to pay, with the payments in-stability this is a very hard task.

NZBMATRIX has never been the subject of any legal issues or threats.

Also the Usenet Indexing scene is going through some changes, with content being removed from pretty much every provider its making the existence of an indexer irrelevant if the content does not even exists anymore.

So it's time for us to bow out...
--- End quote ---

Link

40hz:
I can hardly blame them. In our current business/legal/political climate they'd end up getting dragged into a battle they couldn't possibly win. Especially now that the US government and media industry have adopted what appears to be a 'scorched earth' policy. The Megaupoload case was the warning shot. Seems those in similarly vulnerable positions have heard and begun to heed the warnings. Especially now that it's been made obvious several governments have no intention of confining themselves to purely legal actions to protect corporate interests.

To borrow from Firefly/Serenity: When your enemy goes to ground, leave them no ground to go to.

Tinman57:
  Mass closings was predicted by many consumer rights advocates even before the DMCA became law, and they were right.  As long as Hollywood and their ilk keep paying millions to own politicians it's only going to get worse.
  What DMCA really means is "Destroy My Company, A$$h0le$"....

4wd:
I playing with Newznab to see if it's worth the trouble to run my own.

f0dder:
What DMCA really means is "Destroy My Company, A$$h0le$"....-Tinman57 (December 10, 2012, 06:25 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'm no fan of DMCA or site takedowns in general - but let's be honest here, how much legitimate content does any of the usenet indexers or torrent sites have?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version