ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

MagicRAR Drive Press - worth anything?

<< < (6/12) > >>

cranioscopical:
By the way. coming onto this forum, with the attitude "We are awesome and don't need to answer to you"
You're going to have a bad time.-Stephen66515
--- End quote ---

Gee. I take profound exception to that!
Please be sure to understand that you're not speaking for everyone here and, if you thing you're speaking on behalf of DonationCoder, I suggest that you 'moderate' your own tone.

KynloStephen66515:
Cranio, I will PM you in regards to this.  I do not wish this topic to get de-railed again. 

(I will be changing my forum sig, to state, that all my posts, and comments, are my own personal opinion)

wraith808:
Cranio, I will PM you in regards to this.  I do not wish this topic to get de-railed again. 

(I will be changing my forum sig, to state, that all my posts, and comments, are my own personal opinion)
-Stephen66515 (January 11, 2013, 09:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

That won't necessarily have the desired effect- the Global Moderator tag speaks louder than any .sig
* wraith808 shrugs

KynloStephen66515:
Actually, screw it...y'all can see my statement on this...

<Unofficial Personal Statement>
I don't want that thread getting out of hand again.

I make no intention to speak on behalf of DonationCoder as a whole...people here have loud enough voices to speak for themselves.

I chose to opt-out of that discussion after discussing with mouser, my motivations for posting what I posted, of which, he forwarded to the Developer (Or sales guy...dunno which he was to be honest.) - and which resulted in an amicable result where he offered a free trial of his software so people could try it out.

If you noticed, mouser posted that he wanted to get the thread back on track, and I had already pointed out that I had no intention of posting there again, so, I didn't really appreciate having to go back there, especially for this purpose.

-Stephen66515
--- End quote ---
</Unofficial Personal Statement>

Now that is cleared up, I hope this thread can actually get back on topic.  Please do not continue de-railing.  If you have any questions that are unrelated to this, please PM the person you want to speak to...if you want to ignore me, ignore me...if you have a problem with what I have said, PM me.  

I will no longer be monitoring this thread for ANY purpose.
* Stephen66515 is out.

f0dder:
I've posted some preliminary findings.

TL;DR: it doesn't do anything magical (it's DeviceIoControlFSCTL_SET_COMPRESSION) just as I expected), and as I expected it does indeed go gung-ho on your partition - temporarily disabling NTFS security while doing so. Does end up with (quite a fair bit) more compressed files than you get by ticking Windows' "compress this drive", but it's also leaves you with heavily fragmented and really can't be recommended for SSDs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version