ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Extending Files2Folder

(1/2) > >>

magician62:
Files 2 Folder is an excellent utility, but like all excellent utilities there is always something extra that would make it even better  for some of us :).

1/ Add a configurable predefined destination for the output, or even a selectable list of say the last 5-10 destinations.
This would allow the user to folderise selected files, and move them out of the current location and into a new one, in just one step, effectively speeding up the process.

2/ This might be a different application, though much seems like the same. Allow a large number of files to be selected for folderising, but use a configureable file "tag" such as "album" "artist" etc. ( I have used these as examples as most people may have encountered them, but there are loads of tags), as the name for the destination folder rather than the filename.
This would allow files to be grouped from various sources. This would need "1" above, specially for files from different source folders selected through *.*. A selector should be provided to indicate what to do on collisions of filenames in the new folders.

skwire:
1/ Add a configurable predefined destination for the output, or even a selectable list of say the last 5-10 destinations.-magician62 (December 09, 2012, 03:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'll consider this, thank you.

2/ This might be a different application, though much seems like the same. Allow a large number of files to be selected for folderising, but use a configureable file "tag" such as "album" "artist" etc.-magician62 (December 09, 2012, 03:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Perhaps my Tags 2 Folders application might fit the bill?

magician62:
And how did I miss Tags 2 Folders :), just as the doctor ordered,many thanks.

skwire:
And how did I miss Tags 2 Folders :), just as the doctor ordered,many thanks. -magician62 (December 11, 2012, 12:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Be VERY careful with that application if your music isn't tagged properly.  Garbage in, garbage out...

magician62:
Not actually going to use it for music, that was an example whichj most would recognise. I have been using some of the other tags for a while, and want to use a couple of different ways of sorting using the tags, on a copy of the  data of course :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version