topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:44 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: FLV downloader needed  (Read 20049 times)

SQUIDMAN

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • WAT TV Squidman Videos
    • Donate to Member
FLV downloader needed
« on: December 08, 2012, 01:56 AM »
I been having problems downloading FLV's from Utube and dailymotion. I used the one that is now part of Utube for downloading on it's site but it doesn't seem to work anymore, same for DailyMotion. I don't want to convert, just download, tried a few So called free managers, most just hijack my home page and don't work, or just download the advertisement before the video. Any Idea? TEDD :tellme:

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Re: FLV downloader needed
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 02:07 AM »
I'd recommend this program:

http://www.youtubedownloadersite.com/

And this Firefox plugin:

https://addons.mozil...ideo-downloadhelper/

I use the first 99% of the time, and it's great. It conked out for a bit, so I used the FF one there, then went back to YTD.

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

anandcoral

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Free Portable Apps
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 03:46 AM »
Recently I have started using free FF addon http://www.bestvideodownloader.com/, and found very intuitive in use, for the videos I downloaded from Youtube.

You may try it.

Regards,

Anand

SQUIDMAN

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • WAT TV Squidman Videos
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 04:13 AM »
Renegade thanks for info but the first site is the one that Hijacked all my web pages and wouldn't download anything but the infomercials on utube or dailymotion, I should have said it's name but it might work foe someone else. The second is the one I've used for years and utube bought them out and I can't seem to get it to work with either anymore! Even from utube itsself :(  But thanks again for reply.

anandcoral will check it out and see if it works for me, PS what does having a NANY badge mean? you have 2, does that mean you help Tech Noobs
like me? :P

cmpm

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 04:27 AM »
I use http://www.netvideohunter.com/ Firefox add-on.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 05:24 AM »
Renegade thanks for info but the first site is the one that Hijacked all my web pages and wouldn't download anything but the infomercials on utube or dailymotion, I should have said it's name but it might work foe someone else. The second is the one I've used for years and utube bought them out and I can't seem to get it to work with either anymore! Even from utube itsself :(  But thanks again for reply.

That's odd. I always pay attention when installing software, and never install anything that is bundled, so I've never had a problem. It's working brilliantly for me still. Not sure why you'd have those problems there. :( I started using it based on recommendations from some other DCers.

For the FF plugin, I've not updated it in a bit (a few weeks), and it's still working for me. I wasn't aware that they were bought out. Looking at the site, it doesn't look like it was bought out by Google. Testing it again, and it's still working... Not sure what's up there.

Anyways, there are lots out there. Hopefully someone's suggestion works out for you.
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

techidave

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 05:38 AM »
I use the KeepVid bookmarklet and it works really well.  Never had an issue with it and it cuts out the ads for me as well.

keepvid and in the upper right corner of the page it will let you drag it to your browser.

SQUIDMAN

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • WAT TV Squidman Videos
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 05:52 AM »
For Renegade I try not to install anything that wants to add or change my browser either. It did it even after I unchecked the make yahoo
my home. I'm going to try to download and reinstall download helper, never know. TEDD

UPDATE: Newer version of both firefox and download helper back in the sadle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks ALL
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 06:07 AM by SQUIDMAN »

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 06:34 AM »
And this Firefox plugin:

https://addons.mozil...ideo-downloadhelper/

I use the first 99% of the time, and it's great.

+1. I use the same. It will download most videos 99% of the time. For the times it doesn't DownThemAll usually does the trick. DTA is also better for getting large full-length videos.

Giampy

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2012, 06:44 PM »
SQUIDMAN, I use VideoCacheView:
http://www.nirsoft.n...ideo_cache_view.html
"A refrigerator without beer is like a body without soul"

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2012, 03:17 PM »
The Hongkiat website recently published an article discussing 16 alternative ways to download web videos. Read all about it here.
 8)

HugoTylar

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 01:38 AM »
I usually use this one: Leawo Free FLV converter.
It's able to download flv files from video sharing sites e.g. YouTube, dailymotion, bla bla bla :D
And also convert the video format. (yep I know you don't need this function) :P
No ads, no virus. :Thmbsup:

buck2020

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 02:44 PM »
RealPlayer is my preference:  http://www.real.com/resources/download-convert-flv  

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2012, 08:57 AM »
Can 'you' get the video from http://www.cmt.com/v...913/death-trap.jhtml ? (not the will-i-am commercial, but the Charlie Peacock video) because I can't, but would like to. ♥

edit:
never mind, I've found a better resolution version on YouTube:

« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 09:13 AM by Curt »

dellster

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2013, 10:43 PM »
Firefox add-on https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloadhelper/

Video DownloadHelper 4.9.13
The easy way to download and Web videos (.flv) from hundreds of YouTube-like sites.
This works also for audio and picture galleries.
I try this one and it's very goood.
If you want to convert the flv files to a more common format like, you may also check this source: .flv to .mp4

Regards,
James

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 08:05 PM »
  I pretty much gave up on all those vid-downloaders, they work for a while until youtube (and others) changes things, or they're loaded with adware.

Now I use VideoCacheView.  Now I don't have to download the same video twice, first time watching it, second time downloading it.  With VideoCacheView, you watch all the movies you want, then run VideoCacheView, select the vids that you want to keep, and it copies them to the folder you choose.

Zero3K

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2013, 11:03 AM »
I use VSO Downloader for downloading flash, etc. media. You can get it by going to http://www.vso-softw...r/vso-downloader.php.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2013, 01:46 PM »
I pretty much gave up on all those vid-downloaders, they work for a while until youtube (and others) changes things, or they're loaded with adware.

Now I use VideoCacheView.  Now I don't have to download the same video twice, first time watching it, second time downloading it.  With VideoCacheView, you watch all the movies you want, then run VideoCacheView, select the vids that you want to keep, and it copies them to the folder you choose.

I both agree and disagree. Many videos are available in much higher resolution than the auto-played one, especially if it was on facebook. So, as an example, I watch a 640 pixels version, but want to keep the 1920 pixels version - which is not in the cache.

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2013, 07:20 PM »

I both agree and disagree. Many videos are available in much higher resolution than the auto-played one, especially if it was on facebook. So, as an example, I watch a 640 pixels version, but want to keep the 1920 pixels version - which is not in the cache.

Which ever one you watch is in the cache.  You have to change it to the resolution that you want while your watching it, then it will be in the cache.

Tuxman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2013, 07:00 AM »
Firefox + DownThemAll! + FlashGot = ideal.

Giampy

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2013, 04:29 PM »
I use VideoCacheView
Now I use VideoCacheView

In the last months VideoCacheView no longer works with several videos. Some of them are protected videos (for example the videos by Vevo) and I can accept that, but the same thing happens with several normal videos too.
I loved VideoCacheView for many months but now I am forced to leave it.

Giampy

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2013, 05:04 PM »
In the last months VideoCacheView no longer works with several videos. Some of them are protected videos (for example the videos by Vevo) and I can accept that, but the same thing happens with several normal videos too.
I loved VideoCacheView for many months but now I am forced to leave it.

There is a new version of VideoCacheView: "Version 2.60. Added support for saving the new MPEG-DASH streams of YouTube as MP4 file that can be played on any media player".
I don't know what it means. Is it the solution for the drawback I have reported?

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2013, 08:05 PM »
Can you post links for some of the videos that you can't download (but think  you should be able to)?

SQUIDMAN

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • WAT TV Squidman Videos
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2013, 01:56 AM »
FOR mwb1100:

I can get almost every site except Dailymotion, using download helper. Do you think I should try "VideoCacheView: "Version 2.60" for that site?

Giampy

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2013, 09:00 AM »
Can you post links for some of the videos that you can't download (but think  you should be able to)?

I don't remember. By a quick search I have tracked down these only:
http://www.youtube.c.../watch?v=Jqb8l_VkJx0
http://www.youtube.c.../watch?v=d1E1EH6bXfA
VideoCacheView 2.5.5 downloads them, but the player doesn't open them, as if they were empty.
Since VideoCacheView considers them as a kind of Mp4, I wonder if the new version 2.60 treats them in the right way.

However in other circumstances VideoCacheView doesn't see the temporary files in the cache, or it reports small strange file only.
In other circumstances everything seems ok, but the final file results corrupted (while I see the video by the player, at a certain point the video ends).