ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Be Careful What You Download - Or Go To Jail...

<< < (6/11) > >>

Renegade:
Hehehe! I have that same attraction there. -Renegade (December 08, 2012, 08:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm still looking for the Necronomicon - giant, evil Gods...who wouldn't want to see that?

:P
-4wd (December 08, 2012, 09:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

You just lost 6 sanity points for even mentioning that book~! :P
-Renegade (December 08, 2012, 10:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm holding out for an unexpurgated edition of Friedrich Wilhelm Von Juntz's Unaussprechlichen Kulten myself. It supposedly has the correct version of the Dho formula. The one on  the Necronomicon has errors. I know because I kept saying the Dho formula last night, and I think I saw the inner city at the two magnetic poles. I shall go to those poles when the earth is cleared off, if I can't break through with the Dho-Hna formula when I commit it.;)
-40hz (December 08, 2012, 11:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ooops! Looks like you're already in debt for sanity points~! :D

You just lost 6 sanity points for even mentioning that book~! :P
-Renegade (December 08, 2012, 10:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know how, I had them all repossessed when I got married.....

-4wd (December 08, 2012, 11:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hahahaha~! ;D

Ever notice that regaining sanity points is kind of like climbing a rope in gym class to touch the ceiling? But every time you get half-way up or so, someone pulls you right back down and you never seem to get your sanity point? :P

Tinman57:
Ah yes, I remember now.  Anyone ordering/reading this book would be put on the FBI watch-list.  This happened sometime in the 90's I do believe.
-Tinman57 (December 08, 2012, 08:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Supposedly. Word was somebody claimed to have seen a list obtained from FBI files released under FOIA that listed people who were ordering the book - mostly from Loompanics Unlimited. Several people also claimed to have been targeted by the FBI for nothing other than ordering books from the same source.

I don't know if it was ever actually proven. It may well be an urban legend. Besides, the FBI had files on everybody back then. Often for the stupidest of reasons. Probably still do since "keep busy" is the watchword of most federal agencies who are looking to justify and increase their operating budgets.

-40hz (December 08, 2012, 08:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yep, it was quite a controversy, and still should be as far as I'm concerned.  But, like most bad things in the U.S., they just quietly go away as the sheeple don't seem to care....

Tinman57:
Necronomicon
--- End quote ---
  Now what do you want with a grimoire?  Got some "Old Ones" to call upon?   ;)

4wd:
Necronomicon
--- End quote ---
  Now what do you want with a grimoire?  Got some "Old Ones" to call upon?   ;)
-Tinman57 (December 09, 2012, 07:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

The 21st is approaching, I'd really like to be the one that starts it all  >:D

Carol Haynes:
OK - if this is the way we are going let's ban science from schools and universities and lock up all current chemistry graduates as they probably know how to make a bomb and therefore could potentially aid terrorists.

If the Telegraph statement is accurate an appeal should be pretty automatic - in British law 'intent' has to be present to allow a judge to convict. Given that the judge stated there was no intent the prison sentence (in fact the conviction)  should be thrown out easily.

Personally I think the judge should be locked up because he done more to encourage terrorism in that statement and sentence than the plaintiff!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version