ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Keyboard friendly media player

(1/1)

jgpaiva:
I've used winamp for years. But unfortunatelly, I've found a major draw-back about it.
Although i absolutelly love the way winamp's media library works, it simply isn't keyboard-friendly. There is no rational way to navigate the window (nor irational, for that matter).
So, I'm looking for a media player with some good media library funcionality, and that is keyboard friendly.
A winamp plugin to have hotkeys on the media library window would be a very good solution too.

I've surfed a bit, and tried out foobar2k, but unfortunatelly, it's library functionality are nowhere near winamp's, and I couldn't find a decent help file for it.
Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

brotherS:
I'm sorry to hear that, I like Winamp a lot and could control everything I regularly do with the keyboard.

If you don't get an answer here, try http://forums.winamp.com/ - mostly friendly guys there.

jgpaiva:
(nor irational, for that matter)
-jgpaiva (April 20, 2006, 04:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ok.. I solved my problem. Actually, winamp's media library has keyboard navigation. The only problem is that it's irrational. It has a strange tab order. But now i know it, which means i can now navigate it with the keyboard. :D

Harrie:
For any Firefox users, I'd just like to make a plug here for FoxyTunes  It supports many players, doesn't get in the way, and has many keyboard shortcuts. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version