ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Security, Law, Ego, and Patheticness

<< < (2/4) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
Security: Duh... Cameras embed EXIF data.
Law: Oh god...
Patheticness: Hacker? God... It's called looking at EXIF data...
-Renegade (December 05, 2012, 10:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

So wait, how many layers of recast blame are we looking at here?

Law: "Now remember, class, when we like you, we call you a Security Researcher. When we don't like that you showed us up but you helped us, we call you a Hacker. When we want to tap into the meme to scare the sheep into letting us pass new laws, we call you a Terrorist. So be nice, okay? You wouldn't want to be called a Terrorist. P.S. We need another $50 Billion for a new surveillance program."

So when that journalist photo went viral, no one in Law was skilled enough to use all that juicy data to come to that conclusion themselves?! It took a "Hacker" to do it?! Aren't these the guys who hire Consultants for millions of dollars a day? But they couldn't even give $100 and a pizza and bar tab to a "Security Researcher"?!

I'm just a semi-senile ol' humanities bird, but I bet every one of you Dev Cody's out there could have done that.

40hz:

So wait, how many layers of recast blame are we looking at here?

Law: "Now remember, class, when we like you, we call you a Security Researcher. When we don't like that you showed us up but you helped us, we call you a Hacker. When we want to tap into the meme to scare the sheep into letting us pass new laws, we call you a Terrorist. So be nice, okay? You wouldn't want to be called a Terrorist. P.S. We need another $50 Billion for a new surveillance program."
-TaoPhoenix (December 05, 2012, 02:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Spot on! The Phoenix sums it up in just 51 words. :Thmbsup:

Take a bow T-Man!!! ;)

Tinman57:

Security: Duh... Cameras embed EXIF data.
Ego: This is just funny!

Meh... Whatever. This whole McAfee thing is just one long string of laughs! :P
-Renegade (December 05, 2012, 10:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

I learned a long time ago to remove the EXIF and any other exorbitant data from my pictures with a freebie called JPg Cleaner 95, for no other reason than it makes the file smaller and saves drive space.

erikts:
I learned a long time ago to remove the EXIF and any other exorbitant data from my pictures with a freebie called JPg Cleaner 95, for no other reason than it makes the file smaller and saves drive space.
-Tinman57 (December 05, 2012, 07:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the info. I'll look into JPG Cleaner [95] v2.6 By Rainbow Software and PiT.

Security, Law, Ego, and Patheticness

Renegade:
I learned a long time ago to remove the EXIF and any other exorbitant data from my pictures...
-Tinman57 (December 05, 2012, 07:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

It was an important consideration for me when I wrote Photo Resizer, and particularly for when I added in cropping. IIRC, I only delete the thumbnail and leave other things alone.

But really, while you might not expect your mom to know about EXIF data and the like, a guy who used to run a security company? Seriously?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version