ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

digg rigging?

(1/6) > >>

mouser:
interesting article about digg.com accusation of rigged votes.

Digg Corrupted: Editor's Playground, not User-Driven Website
As a follow up to an earlier post (Digg Army: Right in Line), there have been some vibrations that I think not only our readers would find interesting, but also all Digg users.
To quickly summarize the earlier post, I had noticed two submissions by SpitF1re were on the front page, separated by only one story in between.
To digress for a second, we all know that people who Digg a lot have friends who use Digg. So often times friends digg articles for each other, and often times you may see the same people digging stories, and what not. The buddy-buddy system in effect. That's fine (in a way) - it's a shortcoming of all social networks - the more popular people gain more influence...

--- End quote ---

http://forevergeek.com/news/digg_corrupted_editors_playground_not_userdriven_website.php

from

Redhat:
I just blogged about this and came to post it here  :D :Thmbsup:

mouser:
you're blog is starting to get interesting redhat, keep it up!

wasker:
I don't really get all the buzz around digg. What's the point of this site? OK, maybe 1000 people found "Pamela Anderson eats her sh.t" news interesting and dugg it, but does this mean this will be interesting for me?

mouser:
well i have to disagree wasker, personally i find that of all the sites, digg actually does a pretty damn good job of finding some good news each day. Their programming specific digg list is pretty good too.

(of course that doesnt say it's not manipulated, but i do think it tends to work in terms of finding some good links).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version