ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

EXISTS - IDEA: Hotkey controls for screen brightness.

(1/4) > >>

geektechnu:
Virtually all laptops have this - why not desktop PCs?

I'm currently using GammaPanel (http://www.majorgeeks.com/download2796.html) but it doesn't support hotkey controls.
Maybe something with a gamma control or just brightness & contrast would be nice.

Scott:
Right on the page you linked to, it says:

Thanks to its hot-key feature, you don't even have to leave the game you're playing!
--- End quote ---

Is this incorrect?  The screen shot shows a hotkey feature.

geektechnu:
Sorry - I should re-phrase that.

GammaPanel needs 1 hotkey defined per setting. 5 settings = 5 hotkeys. 10 gradual settings = ...wel you get the idea  :)

Wouldn't it be better to have just 2 hotkeys for incremental +10% and -10% settings?
Maybe even have an option to set how many % to increase/decrease by as well.

Scott:
I can see why they designed GammaPanel that way, since it controls more than just brightness.

Could you use GammaPanel to create a series of hotkeys that increase/decrease brightness, but that are still easy to use and remember, such as Ctrl+Num0, Ctrl+Num1, Ctrl+Num2, and so on, or Ctrl+F1, Ctrl+F2, Ctrl+F3, and so on?  Not ideal for you I guess; I'm just trying to help.

mouser:
geektechnu, have you tried emailing the author -
your feature request sounds very reasonable, an i'm just guessing it's the kind of idea an author would love to hear about and implement.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version