ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

IDEA: auto move dialog boxes nearer to mouse cursor

<< < (3/3)

nudone:
wr975, that 'squeaky mouse' sounds like a novel take on the idea though i'm sure the sound effect would have become very annoying.

there is another annoying point that my original request would also resolve that evidently wouldn't be addressed by 'squeaky mouse': that of having to keep moving ones focal attention away from what you are doing on screen and instead move your vision to the button on the dialog box that pops up.

at least 'squeaky' understood the problem and would move the cursor back to it's original position but this still isn't anywhere near as good as the dialog box appearing at a position you already had your cursor AND eyes focussed.

i'm surprised more people aren't annoyed by these common centraly opening windows - i really don't see the need or the benefit of the fixed center positioning (especially not on high resolution monitors). i even believe that at some point the intelligently self positioning pop-up window will become the standard way the windows interface works.

i'm going to have to learn how to make this thing myself i think - i'm beginning to wind myself up over it.

Scott:
Oh, believe me, you're not alone in being annoyed by those kinds of dialog boxes.  I have a list of computing peeves that has been in place (in my mind) for years.

I can't stand useless, cutesy sounds in applications, and I can't stand useless dialog boxes that can't be done away with, or forms that don't remember their size or position.

I used Push The Freakin' Button for awhile, but it's not really ideal.  I could live with Squeaky Mouse or whatever it is, if it existed today.  What reason would there be for development to stop?  (Besides the usual reasons.  Just wondering if I missed out on a secret here.)

wr975:
sound effect would have become very annoying
--- End quote ---
It was, but it could be disabled of course.  :)

I have no idea why development stopped. I suppose not enough demand/feedback/money...

mouser:
i hope this discussion continues..
i'm trying to nudge some of the other coders here to join me in a project that would be watching windows and doing manipulations, where this kind of thing would be something we could add to it..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version