ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

looking for a photo organizer

(1/2) > >>

Parchuvegal:
IDEA:  Anyone who's upgraded to a Windows operating system beyond XP, has notably missed the ability to freely rearrange photo's within a folder or album.  That this feature is apparently missing from all of the after-market and 3rd party photo organizers I've looked into, leaves me wondering what the big deal is here?

I am looking for a photo organizer - or a small app - that will allow me to override all of the standard, hide-bound arrangement options - LONG ENOUGH to allow the random reordering of photos by drag and drop - before renaming, or otherwise securing their preferred order, within their selected folders.

Would this be an app you folks currently offer?  Or perhaps a problem you might be willing to provide the rest of us with a solution to?

tomos:
XYplorer file manager has this feature -
Menu >Tools >Customise List >Manual Sorting
then
drag n drop to sort.

I havent used it in a while - it doesn't seem to work with large thumbnails, but does work with the details-with-[small]-thumbnail view.

http://www.xyplorer.com/

PS welcome to the forum :)
and what's with the I will not spam title ?!

Parchuvegal:
Just following instructions for new post. (Say's type "I will not spam" in top box, then displays Type "I will not spam," in 2nd box.)

Parchuvegal:
BTW, Thanks for the welcome,  and I was hoping to find something that would allow me to move thumbnails around.  :)

tomos:
XYPlorer can do it all right:
By default, if you left click on a thumbnail, it will display at full size. This makes it difficult to drag! Go to:
menu >Tools >Configuration >Thumbnails >Turn off: popup image on mouse down (bottom of window).
Then try it as instructed above and it works fine.

someone else might have other ideas too.

-Parchuvegal (November 30, 2012, 07:55 PM)
--- End quote ---
sorry for pestering you but I'm really curious now :D
- what instructions/where?
EDIT/
I think it's just for new members - in the hope that they will not spam.
Donationcoder will hypnotise us for our first posts - look at the swinging watch and repeat "I will not spam" ... sorry, I'm getting silly now ;-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version