ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

wanted: thoughts and ideas about blogs - bloggers join in!

<< < (3/4) > >>

Rover:
in the future everyone will be required by law to have a blog.
-mouser (April 20, 2006, 05:13 PM)
--- End quote ---
In the future all restaurants are Taco Bell  ;D ;D ;D

brotherS:
Thanks Deozaan and vrgrrl! Blogger will get a closer inspection then :)

gothic - nice find.  This was pretty much my thought when I first heard about 'blogs.  Once again, I figured I was just missing something.  Sort of like when peple put a ring in their nose; I don't understand the motivation, but maybe I'm out of the loop. 
-Rover (April 20, 2006, 05:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
Let me just say this: I wouldn't want to read ~99% of the existing blogs - but something similar could be said about available books and music on the market... so? :)

Rover:
I should probably clairify my position, lest I be cast down  ;)

Personal web logs where people talk about their feelings and if they had oatmeal for breakfast make me want to puke.  :o

I can see the benefit of the web log format for some people who have an audience... sort of a more frequently updated, less formal newsletter.  That makes sense.

I hate the short speak name 'blog.  Are we too lazy to speak full words now?

Since these are personal opinions they don't add much value to the thread, so I'll stop now   ;)

brotherS:
Personal web logs where people talk about their feelings and if they had oatmeal for breakfast make me want to puke.  :o

I can see the benefit of the web log format for some people who have an audience... sort of a more frequently updated, less formal newsletter.  That makes sense.
-Rover (April 20, 2006, 09:10 PM)
--- End quote ---
True :)

I hate the short speak name 'blog.  Are we too lazy to speak full words now?

--- End quote ---
Don't be sad, people just want it short and handy: blog, torrent, mobile, PC, CNN, HIV, USA, DC :)

tinyvillager:

You can get a lot done with free solutions,it's all how you use your imagination.
For instance,even though blogger doesn't give you file space you can park your
files on a google pages account and hotlink from there.

If you want to remove the navbar
http://blogger-templates.blogspot.com/2005/01/remove-navbar.html

A quick solution to menus...
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=2960.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version